Saturday, May 5, 2012

Song Worthy Saturday

Patriotism

I just have to say that I am so impressed with the amount patriotism in the south. No wonder country music is chalk full of song's that honor our country and those who give and have given service so we can enjoy our freedom.

Case in point: The communities in and around the Nashville area, honor an injured or fallen soldier's return by lining the roads holding flags or placing flags in the ground, tying yellow ribbons and waiting as the procession passes. This act of gratitude is humbling and has made a very deep and strong impression on me. I have never seen such a genuine display of honor for our fellow men who have given their lives to protect our freedoms.

These photos are from Army Spc. Jason K. Edens of Franklin, TN, return home from battle today, where he gave the ultimate price for our freedom. Now I was not there and I did not know him but I am so grateful to him and I am proud of our community for the outpouring of love and gratitude. It is something I will never forget. 










You can read the full story by clicking here.





No comments:

Post a Comment