Wednesday, May 9, 2012

"Why" I sing- continued....

Well, after that day, I knew I was going to be singing the rest of my life. It was like I had an epiphany and all the planets aligned. So it was soon after, that I began taking voice from some of the best in the business, so I could be the best I could be. Nothing at that time in my life, gave me more joy.  In Las Vegas, I took voice from the amazing Debra Bonner,  and out of town the famous Seth Riggs. (Which I only had a couple of lessons but he sure made me feel like I had something going for me and encouraged me to pursue what I was doing.)

It wasn't until after high school though, that I began singing anywhere other than pageant competitions. First, I tried to start a band, which lasted for a few months and fizzled out, then I got a job at the Country Star Cafe, down on the Las Vegas Strip. I didn't start singing there at first but I did get to meet a lot of big country stars and was asked to model all the apparel on opening night, so I got to hang around stars like Vince Gill, Reba McIntyre and Toby Keith. After about 2 months, from opening night, I was finally given the chance I had been waiting for when they asked if any of the employee's sang and would like to sing for free and at night? And of course I said "YES!!!"

This experience only solidified what I wanted to do with the talents I had been given and my life. Everytime I sang, the costumers loved it and so did my boss. I was "livin the dream". It was during this time too though, that I met my best friend, forever companion and husband, Jason Nash and then everything really changed...


No comments:

Post a Comment